Pioneer launches digital media and CD receivers that deliver greater performance and connectivity for drivers
INTELLIGENT SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY
Pioneer’s new CD receivers with built-in Bluetooth wireless capability such as DEH-X8750BT and DEH-X6750BT supports:
- Full Time Connection for Two Phones – For the first time, Pioneer features Full Time Connection for two smartphones. The phones’ settings are remembered by the receiver and are automatically connected once detected in the car. For example, drivers can connect and access their personal and business phones simultaneously through the receiver without the hassle of switching between phones.
- Wide Band Speech – With Bluetooth upgrade to HFP version 1.6, drivers experience greater speech clarity and enjoy natural conversations and better speech recognition with Hands Free Calling. The new CD receivers come with twice the bandwidth frequency compared to previous models.
- Wireless Audio Browsing – Once connected to Bluetooth, drivers can search their music library on the head unit display without a single touch on their smartphones, allowing for a safer drive. The new AVRCP 1.5 version allows drivers to browse music files on both iOS and Android devices.
STEERING WHEEL CONTROL WITH NEW PRESET 
Pioneer offers users a new preset wired remote that can be easily enabled by selecting the make of the car on the receiver. The driver can then start using the vehicle’s original steering wheel controller to access their music and control the volume.
MORE POWERFUL MEMORY SETTINGS
As Pioneer receivers are capable of memorizing an extensive list of settings that include preset and system settings among others, drivers have peace of mind knowing that their settings will not be lost during situations where their car battery fails, as is commonly the situation today with other types of receivers.
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
- MEDIA APP CONTROL– Through Media App Control, the receivers can play and control music from various music apps. The Play, pause, next and back commands are available on all receivers when used with an iPhone via USB connection. For Android devices, this function is only available on models with Bluetooth capabilities1.
- MIXTRAX– Pioneer continues to include its revolutionary MIXTRAX® virtual DJ technology into each receiver model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. Bringing this one step further to create the club experience, users can set the illumination and display to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
ENHANCED INTUITIVE DISPLAY
Pioneer demonstrates keen awareness of human interaction and usability with its new intuitive display features:
- Impressive VA LCD feature – All the new receivers offer Vertical Alignment (VA) LCD with 60% higher contrast and wider viewing angle. VA LCD improves the user’s ability to view the receiver easily even if it is not within close proximity or under the glare of direct sunlight. The DEH-X8750BT and DEH-X7750UI also spots a larger screen for better visibility and improved menu for drivers’ convenience.
- Additional Illumination and Brightness Control – On top of the new ten step brightness control to accommodate variations in lighting, drivers can automatically turn the dimmer on and off with the car’s headlight through the illumination line, and even set it to turn on and off at specified times via the illumination timer. Illumination effect is activated when the receiver is switched on and off; as the CD is being loaded and; when there are incoming calls registered by the Bluetooth receiver on selected models. These help add to an overall pleasant in-car entertainment experience with better legibility and safer drive, as they do not have to take their eyes off the road for long to read the contents on the display.
ENHANCED AUDIO QUALITY
The receivers are embedded with Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology, and can restore musical detail lost in the creation of compressed music files to recreate the warmth and clarity of the music as the artist intended it. The DEH-X8750BT and DEH-X7750UI offers Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) playback compatibility often sought by audiophiles, which delivers FLAC compressed audio files without loss in audio quality
Pioneer Receivers will be available at Pioneer authorised dealers from end August onwards.
For more updates on these products, please visit the Pioneer Car Entertainment Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PioneerCarEntertainment/
New CD receiver models with built-in Bluetooth wireless capability include: FH-X775BT, DEH-X6750BT, DEH-X4750-BT, MVH-X375BT and DEH-X8750BT.
Please check with Pioneer’s local offices for car models compatible with steering wheel control.